Many have used warm weather to harvest emaž, which is also called wild garlic. Green leaves with a characteristic aroma and taste are a real harbinger of spring, and dishes with them are a wonderful spring delicacy. Soups and salads can be prepared from čemaž, and many people decide to make homemade pesto, which can be used to diversify a variety of meals. From risotto and pasta, all the way to delicious pizza.
We recommend: How to store emaž: 4 cool ways you don’t know yet
He also chose the center Jamie Oliverwhich he absolutely adores, and we borrowed his simple recipe for stocking this wonderful plant.
– 30 g of Chamawah leaves
– 100 grams of nuts (pine nuts, almonds or hazelnuts)
– 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
50g of hard cheese (Parmesan, Pecorino or Cheddar)
Half a lemon
1. The chamomile leaves are first washed and torn, and the flowers are preserved for later use.
2. Salt the leaves with a pinch of salt and mash in a mortar. Add pine nuts or other nuts and mash again. Add olive oil, stirring.
3. Stir and add grated Parmesan cheese or any other type of hard cheese. Then sprinkle them together with lemon juice and stir until the mixture is homogeneous.
4. Season with salt and pepper until the taste is perfect. Decorate the top with flowers.
5. Pesto can be sprinkled on salads, pasta and other dishes.
Tip: Always make sure to cover it with a clean spoon to prevent mold from developing on the surface.
With this pesto, you can prepare our skimmers: Čemaž skimmers with cheese and ham (video)
Photo: La_vanda/Getty Images