Even after the scent, you’ll quickly realize that it’s full of mint, which the peas totally understand. Purely Greek, you can put feta cheese next to the mint and have a refreshing but creamy soup that does not provide energy when attacking the palate. Roasted almond chips are the crunchy point on the i.
Pea soup with mint and feta
You know mint and feta!
- 450gm frozen peas
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Bouquet of mint
- 1 liter of chicken or vegetable soup
- 50 gm feta cheese
- 30 grams almond flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt pepper
1. Peel the onions and garlic and chop them finely.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
3. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the whisk and heat it.
4. We sprinkle chopped onions on it and fry a little – until it becomes glassy. Add garlic and fry until fragrant.
5. Then add the frozen peas and potato pieces.
6. While stirring, fry for 3 minutes, add 1 liter of soup base (or 1 liter of water + 2 soup cubes). When the soup boils, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes and peas are soft – about 20 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, fry the almond flakes in a frying pan until they soften and turn brown.
8. Set the soup aside and rip the mint leaves in it. We press it well using a stick blender. If it is too thick, add a little water.
9. Taste the soup, salt and pepper to taste, if desired, you can add a little mint – in this case, mash the soup again.
10. Serve cream pea pie with shredded feta cheese, toasted almond flakes and fresh mint leaves.