Soup is great as an appetizer, and you can also use the liquid for cooking, which you can also freeze!
Since this soup is not made from beef or any other meat, it is more durable and does not spoil quickly. When you start cooking it, always make sure to make more of it, then use it to cook or eat it in multiple rounds. You can also freeze and then thaw if necessary. It’s as good as fresh!
Here’s how to do it – when you’re cooking the soup, set it aside as often as you plan to eat it with the pasta and cook the pasta in, then refrigerate the rest separately at room temperature. Divide it into portions and store in the refrigerator or in the cupboard. It also lasts in the fridge for a month and in the freezer longer. We do not recommend freezing soup with noodles, because the noodles will be overcooked. However, you can easily cook pasta in a thawed soup.
If you need some ideas on how to use a soup base, choose:
One-pot noodles with zucchini, cherry and mint
Chili cones are great for cold days
Creamy tomato risotto with grilled vegetables
Vegetable gutta with sauerkraut
Baba Pomodoro: Tomato soup with bread
Chicken with mushrooms and yellow pumpkin in wine sauce
Risotto with yellow pumpkin and mushrooms
But before watching the video on how to prepare this magical soup, here are some tips to make it easier:
• You can use celery tubers or cabbage instead of fennel.
• You can use 1 teaspoon of tomato concentrate instead of fresh tomatoes.
• Thyme is optional, but it adds to the taste of the soup.
• Soup can be filtered, cooled and frozen.
• You can use soup as a base for making risottos, sauces, and the like.
• You can also use broccoli instead of zucchini.
• Instead of parsley, you can also sprinkle soup with chives before serving.
• Put 1 teaspoon of salt in the soup first, then try it after cooking for an hour and add salt if necessary.
• The longer you cook the soup, the more intense the flavor – that’s why you don’t need a soup cube, it’s pure, natural vegetable soup.
For an easier preparation, watch the preparation video.
You can quickly find more excellent and healthy recipes at http://www.sitfit.si
Ingredients (for about 4 people)
• 1 onion (brown)
• 5 carrots (one for cooking)
• 1 stalk of celery
• 1/2 fennel
• 2 tablespoons of oil
• 1 bay leaf
• 5 peppers
• 1/2 tomato (or 1 teaspoon tomato center)
• 2 sprigs of thyme
A bunch of fresh parsley (reserve a little for garnish)
• 2.5 liters of water
• 2 teaspoons of salt
• 3 nests of noodle soup
• 1 zucchini
First, clean all the vegetables, cut them into slices and prepare all the other ingredients.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions, fennel, celery and carrots. Then add the tomatoes, thyme, bay leaf, pepper and parsley and pour over the water. Add more salt, stir, and cover until the broth boils.
Then cook for at least an hour to cook the vegetables. The longer you cook, the more intense the taste. Then strain the soup. You can use it to prepare other dishes or enrich it with soup. Add noodle soup and vegetables to it.
Screw or grate carrots and zucchini. Stir the prepared vegetables and noodles into the soup and cook for 3 minutes, until the noodles are tender. Stir between them so the noodles don’t stick together.
Serve soup, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.