This one-piece pasta has a super creamy texture, all thanks to cream cheese and Greek yogurt, with no cream or butter in it. Chicken, peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes provide delicious taste. Yes, this is a shortcut that is slowly being enjoyed.
One-pot pasta with chicken cream sauce
- 400 grams of pasta (such as fusilli – drill)
- 500gm chicken fillet
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 100 gm cream cheese
- 170 g greek yogurt
- 70 gm cheddar cheese
- 1 yellow pepper
- 30g dried cherry tomatoes
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 liter of chicken soup
- salt pepper
1. Finely chop the onion and garlic and chop the pepper into small cubes.
2. Cut the chicken fillet into small cubes, then salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large pot and pour two tablespoons of oil into it.
4. When the oil is hot, quickly fry the first half of the chicken cubes, then the other half. This way, the pan won’t be too crowded, which can cause the temperature to drop and water to seep out of the meat, resulting in a chewy texture.
5. Bake each round for 1-2 minutes over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the cubes are golden brown.
6. Shake the grilled chicken pieces in a plate, add the onions to the pan and reduce the heat.
7. Add a pinch of salt to the onions and fry slowly for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to overdo it.
8. Add finely chopped garlic and thyme leaves.
9. Roast for a minute until you smell the garlic.
10. Add 1 liter of basic chicken soup or 1 liter of water and 2 chicken soup cubes.
11. Wait for the water to boil, then return the chicken pieces to the pan and add the pepper slices.
12. Let the base cook for 8 minutes, then add the pasta.
13. Cover the pan and cook the pasta for 12-17 minutes, stirring regularly.
14. Cook them open for the last few minutes.
15. When the pasta is fully cooked, reduce the heat and add the cream cheese and grated cheese.
16. Set aside the bowl and add another 170 grams of Greek yogurt to the pasta.
17. Stir and taste, salt and pepper to taste.