In January 2014, the British couple Jane Land in Matthew Glover, the renaming of the first month of the year is considered vegetarian (Original: vegan). In the home kitchen, they began to think about how to encourage as many people as possible to try only plant-based foods, as they wanted to reduce animal suffering. In the first year, 3,300 like-minded people joined them, and this year, over half a million people are following the vegan month of January!
Don’t miss out: We also cook vegan with Beba and Hana Splichal at Open Kitchen
As you explained to us Tony Fernelli, who deals with public relations for the Viganoir movement, reached another milestone this year: In all these years, more than two million people have joined the movement. Also known are: American actor and producer Joaquin PhoenixMusician and member of the Beatles Paul McCartneyAmerican actress Alicia Silverstone in Pamela Andersonthe legendary guitarist of the queens Brian MayMayor of New York Eric Adamsanthropologist and primatologist Jane GoodallIn January, chefs are also considering vegan recipes Gordon Ramsay in Jamie Oliver And many other things.
celebrity vegetarian recipes
But not only that: this vegan has been reported by many world media for nine years, and today the movement has offices in seven countries and is spread almost all over the world – with the exception of North Korea and the Vatican. And this is not the end of the story, even well-known fast food chains joined the vegetable-colored beginning of the year with special dishes.
These days founder of the fastest growing Vegetarian Month Matthew Glover commented, “When Jane and I celebrated the New Year in 2014, we were hoping about 1,000 like-minded people would join us. But there were three times as many in the first year, which we were excited about.” Vegetarians are now well established, with individuals increasingly choosing plant foods.”
One more thing: Those who sign up for free at veganuary.com receive email instructions on how to take the vegan challenge, plus a booklet of celebrity vegan recipes. Among this year’s recipes, we chose the famous bolognese sauce recipe written by the British actress Sadie Frost.
Vegetarian Macaroni Bolognese
We cook for 8-10 people.
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 1-2 peppers
- 1-2 green zucchini (zucchini)
- Ground soy protein (or any other vegetable protein)
- south base
- 2 cans of tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato concentrate
- 2 tablespoons marmite fat (if we have it in stock)
- olive oil
1. In a frying pan over medium heat, fry the chopped onion, mashed garlic and grated carrot in a little oil, stirring. Roast for 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Then add finely chopped pepper and coarsely grated zucchini and fry until soft. We add chopped pickles
Tomatoes, tomato center and soup base, pour a little water and simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Finally, add Marmite (which is the secret ingredient of this recipe), salt and pepper and simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes to allow the sauce to simmer completely.
4. Arrange the sauce over the cooked, drained spaghetti and top with vegan Parmesan or cream cheese.
We also recommend: A new potato recipe that promises the most crunchy crust
Photos: Botanical Archive